(clicca qui per la versione italiana)
Just a few more days and I’ll be back at “home”. Where at? Los Angeles of course! The city of angels. The city of my dreams.
Every summer, since 2011, I go back to LA. Lots of people ask me why I like so much this city and, believe me or not, I never know what to answer. I’m addicted to LA. It’s weird. The more you go, the more you want to go back. You can’t stay away from it. It’s something really difficult to explain to somebody who has never been there. But I’m pretty sure that who has been in LA (and not just for a few days), knows exactly what I mean.
By the way. Ok. I’m gonna try to answer that question.
What do I like of Los Angeles? This is my Top 20 List of my favourite things to do and to see in LA:
- The hike to the Hollywood Sign, from where you can see not only the sign but a breathtaking landscape too. The trak is quite long and under the sun but it’s absolutely worth it.
- To rent an american bike with foot brakes and a high handle, and pedal from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach (and back obviously!). Absolutely a to do thing!
- Venice Beach with its Boardwalk full of pubs, stalls and eccentric people, its Muscle Beach and its skatepark. It is a must see place. Besides, you can’t miss the “Drum Circle” at the beach, every sunday at sunset. You will be astonished and at the same time amused by it. Always in Venice but, away from the beach, there are the Venice Canals. This place is so quiet that it seems to be in another world!
- Santa Monica: the beach, the summer twilight concerts on thursday night, the 3rd Street Promenade full of restaurants and stores and, on monday, the swimmingpool at Anneberg Beach House for just 1$!
- Malibù. Particularly: the Getty Villa (free museum), El Matador State Beach (you need to go here early, with low tide, to enjoy it the most), the beach of Malibu where there is the Pier and the trail that goes from Zuma Beach till Paradise cove. Amazing! If you are lucky as I was last summer, you can even see dolphins!
- Universal Studios. They are expensive but worth it. I’ve been there just once but they are really cool, above all the tour that brings you behind the scenes. The best ever!
- The Griffith Observatory. One of my favourite spot in LA where to see the landscape at sunset.
- The Getty museum (free), from where you can even have a gorgeous view of the city.
- L.A.’s Street Art. You can find graffiti everywhere. But the places I love the most for Street Art are Venice, Melrose, Silver Lake and of course, the Art District of DTLA.
- The Lastbookstore, one of the best library of the world!
- Hollywood forever cemetery. Get a chance to watch a movie having a pic nic in the meadow of this cemetery!
- Echo Park, where to spend a few hours in peace with DTLA in the background. And why not, maybe even having a pic nic or a boat trip on the little lake.
- The Grove and the Farmer Market, where to shop and where to eat something.
- Donuts at Fantstic Donuts in Korea Town. They are super cute and super delicious!
- The Murphy Ranch Trail, with all its graffiti.
- The Huntington Library in Pasadena is huge and amazing! Old town Pasadena deserve a walk and the Norton Simon Museum deserve a visit too!
- San Pedro, with its Korean Friendship Bell and Sunken City!
- Palos verdes with the lighthouse and its wonderful trails.
- Huntington Beach, above all others the surfer’s beach and absolutely my favourite one!
- In N Out burger of course! The regional chain of fastfood. You have to taste them, cause you will find them just in California. And it’s all fresh!
And you? Why do you like Los Angeles? Which are your favourite spots? Leave a comment and let me know!